Monday, August 20, 2012

August 20, 1991


Debuted at #88 on the Billboard Hot 100 for the week ending August 1, 1964. 

JoAnna has an early meeting so I drive Andy to daycare.  On the return trip, I stop at Original Pancake House for breakfast.

Your order, please.

The corned beef hash.

I have the morning off.

While waiting for the carpet man to measure the rooms, I resume my taping of 1964.

A busy afternoon doesn't allow me the opportunity to work on the budget or capital expenditures drafts.  Sheila, Chris, Liz, and I manage to squeeze in an hour's worth of Area Leaders time.  I review our phone options.  Liz requests that the library close from 9-5 on October 16 so that staff may attend the Awards luncheon.  I swallow my emotion, but for the rest of the afternoon, I wonder how I'm going to get through my acceptance remarks without blubbering.

I pick up Andy and then grab some chow before returning to the library for my evening stint.

No comments:

Labels