Monday, January 14, 2013

Tuesday, January 14, 1992


I get up early, determined to pack in as much as possible into the workday.  Before the Dane County librarians meeting at Verona, I stop by the library to look through my mail and anything else that seems to need my attention.  The meeting is a quickie, and on the way home I stop at Half Price Book and find nothing that makes me instantly grab for my wallet.  I keep to my office during the afternoon, taking care of various odds and ends, and leave at 4 to pick up Eddie.

For some reason, I feel on the edge of a precipice with Sandy on the board, but maybe it's John I need to keep an eye on.  John, the stunning no-show at the holiday party.

I'm happy to report that Sandy is no Julie Brunnette council clone.  She seemed genuinely shocked that the library received no increase in books.  And she seems sympathetic to our staffing needs at a time when library use is threatening to make basket cases of us all.

I stay to work on a variety of tasks and that's my problem -- flitting from one to the next, never being able to get a focus.

No comments:

Labels