Wednesday, January 11, 2012

January 11, 1991


I take advantage of the snooze alarm and the radio's barely audible volume.

"Paul, it's 7:15," JoAnna announces.

By the time I get out bed, it's took late to do my exercises, and by the time I get Andy dressed, it's too late for breakfast.  On the way to my meeting at the South Central Library System office, I stop at McDonald's for a drive-through breakfast.

At first, the discussion of the resource library contract is too abstract for me.  Undoubtedly puzzles and perhaps concerned by my lack of participation, Peter Hamon puts me on the spot.  It just takes me awhile to warm up.  By 11:30 I have an opinion about everything.

On the way back to Middleton, I drop off Julie Chase at the Madison Public Library, negotiating streets made slick by a light but steady snowfall.

I didn't tell anyone at the meeting about my morning scare.  JoAnna is changing Eddie's diaper.  Andy is sitting on one end of the changing table.  I'm in the bedroom dressing.  Suddenly I hear a crash and JoAnna exclaiming, "Oh, no!"  I dash into Eddie's bedroom.  Andy and Eddie are crying and the top of the changing table is hanging at an angle.  Fortunately, no one is hurt, but the possibility of injury still makes me shudder.

I keep busy for the two hours I'm at the library.  With so many meetings lately and a busy home front, I feel as though I'm falling behind, especially as far as ETN presentations are going.  Once my sister Barb is here, I may be able to work more long days than usual.

The early evening was spent in the family room, Andy monopolizing the VCR.  The later evening, same location, but just Eddie and me.  It took a lot of patience and two cuddling efforts to get him to fall asleep soundly.

No comments:

Labels