Sunday, January 22, 2012

January 22, 1991


wtf

It's my morning off, JoAnna's first day back at work.  Andy must sense the change; he offers no resistance to the resumption of the old workaway routine. 

Eager to tackle some errands, I leave the house nearly two hours before my expected arrival at the library. 

Paul 1, Perry 0.

I drive to West Towne, shop for shirts and a scarf at Sears.  I charge my purchases, experiencing the plastic buzz I'm so familiar with, then continue the feeling at Waldenbooks.  I pay cash for Maniac Cop at Suncoast Video.  The Purple Rose of Cairo is no longer in stock.

Before my shopping spree, Barb hits me over the head with a verbal hammer.  Dale was busted for cocaine last spring outside of Buffalo.  It's new to me.  Mom and Dad haven't breathed a word. 

"I just can't figure out how after all these years, Dale still thinks he's invincible," I comment.

I also wonder how come she's so knowledgable about the location of Dale's beer and pot and cocaine.

No comments:

Labels