Tuesday, January 3, 2012

January 3, 1991

I wake up shortly before six, feeling surprisingly rested, my hint of a sore throat remaining only that.  Even though I don't have to drive Andy to daycare, I arrive at work at 9.  I work on the board report and complete the fiction book order for January.  The Area Leaders meeting is short, more of a preview of what we'll be discussing for the next few months. 

I take a break during the morning to deliver the van to Russ Darrow for a tune-up.  JoAnna and the boys follow me in the car.  The cost to replace the side view mirror will be in the neighborhood of $150.  I groan to myself on the drive home after picking up the van.  I also pick up a pizza at Pizza Hut.  Also M&M's at PDQ for dessert. 

It's been a very uneventful, strangely unfulfilling evening.  Let's play golf, let's play football, let's play basketball.  Andy is always ready with a new activity, Dad with an excuse to sack out on the couch.  We engage in some momentary horseplay.  Now that Eddie provides some competition, Andy is so eager for my attention.  He's still my Pumpkin Guy.

No comments:

Labels