Tuesday, November 6, 2012

November 6, 1991


Tuesday night I fall asleep during Green Acres and sleep soundly until 2:30.  Then I toss and turn until 4:15, when I get out of bed and sit on the throne for 20 minutes desperately attempting to evacuate my bowels.  I shower, dress, skip breakfast, and hit the road by 5.  Driving condition in town are great, and the expected deterioration on 151 east of the Interstate never materializes.  I make great time, arriving in Green Bay shortly after 8.  I drive around the downtown area looking for a place to eat breakfast and discover an unassuming little corner cafe.  I order two eggs over easy, American fries, and ham and leave very little on the plate, even though I worry about how an appreciable intake of food will affect my bowels.  Worst case scenario:  having to interrupt my presentation because the gusher forming in my bowels threatens to explode at a most inopportune time.

Actually, the day goes very well.  Perhaps I spend a little too much time on policy during the a.m. session.  I'm also a bit unfocused and rambling during the reference interview "short subject".  But what I hear at lunch time is that people wish I had been scheduled for the entire day.

The afternoon is much less interactive.  They don't  even care to take a break, but I suppose I should take that as a compliment.

On the drive home, I take state route 54 to U.S. 10, then the scenic route through Menasha, Neenah, and Oshkosh.  I think about stopping at Mr. Cinder's for supper, but I'm so tired, all I want to do is get back home as soon as possible.  A visit to Dave and Lynn's or the Roxy is not even considered.

I stop at the library to drop off the books and am in bed and asleep by 9.

No comments:

Labels