Tuesday, July 31, 2012

July 31, 1991



Today is getaway day for the rest of the family and Barb.  The upcoming weekend is the Richard family reunion, and I've scheduled myself to work on Saturday.  Not on purpose, mind you.  I thought last year was a special case, switching from the second to the first weekend in August,  Am I complaining?  To be honest, no.  I have it all committed to memory:  the Friday night fish fry, the Saturday afternoon picnic, the Saturday evening talent show, the Sunday morning breakfast.  What I'm forgetting about is participating in family camaraderie, and more importantly, being there to soak in some daddy pride while my two handsome boys garner rave reviews from the Richard clan.  Then there's Mr. Solitary Man, still able to find a place in my psyche.

No comments:

Labels