Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Wednesday, February 26, 1992



JoAnna gets up early.  She had me set the alarm for 5 last night.  Joint Finance is meeting at 7, and Daddy is driving the boys to daycare.  I get Eddie dressed and encourage Andy to do the same on his own, but the bigger boys balks.  I say, fine, I'm gonna fix Eddie some breakfast, you do whatever you want to.  One Mundopie has chowed down a banana and is working his way through a pile of Cinnamon Toast Crunch, I decide to check in on Andy.  I find him buck naked in the bathroom ready to relieve himself.

"Don't look at me, Daddy," he pleads.

"I'm not lookin', I'm just makin' sure yer gettin' ready for daycare."

And he is.

And he does.

Lately Andy has been such a mature 4 year old.

At the library, I continue to make major progress on the weekly task list.  I see the light at the end of the tunnel as far as my early responsibilities as chair of the Education Section are concerned.  I follow up on Jane Robbins' suggestion and call Margaret Myers at the ALA Program Office in Chicago for a program request. She accepts; I'm elated, even though I have no idea what the actual development of this contact is going to be.  Before the end of my workday, I've cleared off my desktop, reorganized my shelf space, realized that I've made such major progress toward the week's goals that I can treat myself to Friday off.

I pick up the boys at daycare.

No comments:

Labels