Monday, June 3, 2013

June 3, 1992



I'm away from the library all day.  During the morning, I drop in at Radio Hall to participate in an ETN on the Americans with Disabilities Act and its implications on programs and services for public libraries.  Afterwards, I visit the library school library and find just the book I need "Reference Services for Children and Young Adults".  Linda Mundt checks it out on her card for me.  Now I can start to make some progress on the September workshop I agreed to do for the Lakeshores Library System.  Right now I have very little in the way of prepared materials.  I spend about an hour at University Bookstore noting titles to add to the classic paperback collection.

The OPAC subcommittee takes the entire afternoon to review three of seven proposals.  It's not as tortuous a process as I thought it might be.  I pick up the boys at daycare.  As soon as I get home, I notice that Ganser has left stacks of materials on the roof.  The project must be set to begin tomorrow.

Strange evening.  Although the weather is ideal, we don't venture outside.  Andy's content to veg out watching cartoons for awhile.  I can't get him to eat much of a supper, though that's not a problem with Eddie.  With outdoor play an extended activity at daycare now, baths have become a nightly ritual.

No comments:

Labels